If anyone ever took the time to seriously examine any of the world’s major religions, the one thing that should stand out would be the fact that all the “gurus,” “holy men” and self-proclaimed “prophets” and “apostles,” are not a patch on the Lord Jesus Christ.
In fact, to even utter His name along some of the people below, I believe might be considered sacrilege
So please allow me to invite you to take a quick look at some of these other “holy men and women” and then compare them to the Lord Jesus’ impeccable and Holy life.
- Buddha abandoned his wife and children and then left them to fend for themselves while he went to discover his “light.” In reality, nothing he discovered or left his disciples made any real difference, for people still struggle with sin, pain, suffering and eventually die and then face God.
- Muhammad, Islam’s “prophet” and main icon for over one billion Muslims, ‘married’ a little girl (she was barely six years old when he met her, and nine years old when he consummated the ‘marriage’), he was over fifty years old. (The Hadith, Bukhari, Vol. V, No. 234, Narrated Aisha.)
- Joseph Smith, founder of the Mormon religion also had an eye for the ladies, or should I say for the girls, for he would marry over 41 women (some being mothers and daughters,) with some of his victims barely being in their teens. (Simon Worrall, The Poet And The Murderer, p. 87.)
- Charles Taze Russell, the founder of the Jehovah’s Witnesses not only lied under oath in court, but ended up leaving his wife and marrying his young servant (Rev. J Ross, Some Facts and more Facts About the Self-Styled Pastor.)
- Mary Baker Eddy, founder of the Christian Science taught that if a person was sick or in pain, that they were just deluded. However, she failed to practice what she preached, for she was a morphine addict. Her faithful disciples suffered from their pain (much like mother Teresa’s did, as she enjoyed trips to the Mayo Clinic), while Mary took a shot in the arm (Ernest Sutherland Bates and John V. Dittemore, Mary Baker Eddy: The Truth and the Tradition, 1932.)
- Ron Hubbard, founder of the Scientology religion once said to make a million dollars, one should set up their own religion (so he did.) His second wife wrote that if she loved him, she’d kill herself. She would also accuse him of sleep deprivation, beatings, strangulations and kidnapping their child and fleeing to Cuba (Bent L. Corydon, Ron Hubbard: Messiah or Madman, 1992.)
- Sun Myung Moon, the founder of the Moonies, was sent to prison in 1983 for tax evasion but was released after serving only thirteen months. Both he and his wife, have 13 sinless children.
- Jose Maria Escriva, founder of Opus Dei, once was so furious with a female minion, after she independently wanted to post a letter on her own, that he shouted and screamed at her to (and I can’t repeat what he said) for a person to do a sexual act on her (Maria Del Carmen, The Threshold: Life in Opus Dei.)
Now when we take a look at the Lord Jesus Christ, we are in for a real treat, for His unblemished character is so remarkable, that it is humiliating for the other characters to even be mentioned in the same breath as Him.
All of His critics and enemies had to acknowledge the following of Him:
- John the Baptist understood that Jesus needed to baptise him, nor vice versa (Matt. 3:14.)
- The Temple guards, when forced to arrest Him couldn’t, for even they confessed He was not like anybody else they’d ever encountered (John 7:46.)
- The Jews which sought to kill Him on many occasions, where totally silenced, when He finally said to them, after all their murmurings and slander: “Which of you convictith me of sin?” (John 8:46.) Can you imagine anybody on this list saying that? The responses would be deafening!
- Judas after he betrayed Him, said His blood was innocent (Matt. 27:4.)
- Pilate said he was faultless (John 18:38.)
Paul says: “For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him” (2 Cor. 5:21.)
Now what that means in this: Jesus Christ, the sinless Lamb of God, volunteered and came to earth, to not only die for the sins of the people on this list but for me and you too.
Tragically, these false impostors and charlatans, each rejected His righteousness and went about to create their own righteousness, which the Bible condemns:
“For they being ignorant of God’s righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God” (Rom. 10:3.)